Windows 10: 0x8889000f USB Audio Codec Shows Up But Can't Be Used Audio Device Not Found

Discus and support 0x8889000f USB Audio Codec Shows Up But Can't Be Used Audio Device Not Found in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is not a question but every thread on this subject neglected to address this issue and the threads are locked. Hoping this helps someone else.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by nathanmoody4, Apr 30, 2022.

1. 0x8889000f USB Audio Codec Shows Up But Can't Be Used Audio Device Not Found

This is not a question but every thread on this subject neglected to address this issue and the threads are locked. Hoping this helps someone else. Kept getting error 0x8889000f when switching to USB Audio Codec Behringer USB Audio Interface. Would work when system reboots then would disconnect again. The problem started with newest Windows Update. Went in to Sound Devices to test and kept receiving prompt saying "This device is currently being used by another application." Windows automatically changed USB Audio Codec to a communication device and set it as default in the system. This is wh

:)

nathanmoody4, Apr 30, 2022

2. USB Audio Codec Driver

After following all these steps, my usb audio device still does not work. In Settings > Connected devices it list USB Audio Codec Driver is unavailable.

Jerry De La Cruz, Apr 30, 2022
  3. K2QPN Win User
    USB Audio Codec Fails

I have a PCM2901 USB Audio Codec. After a few minutes it stops sending audio data to the application. Fails with multiple applications. I can recover the Codec by using Device Manager to Uninstall the Codec and reboot. A plain reboot does not recover the
    Codec. Device Manager always shows that the Codec is working properly.

It fails on two PCs that are running Windows 10 Home 64 bit. The Codec will run for days on an old Vista PC so the problem seem related to Windows 10.

Suggestions appreciated.

Bob

K2QPN, Apr 30, 2022
  4. 0x8889000f USB Audio Codec Shows Up But Can't Be Used Audio Device Not Found

USB audio CODEC

I have a 5 year old Mackie ProFx8 mixer that uses a USB port for data transfer. When you configure your system, the USB CODEC driver will be used. Anything that hangs off the mixer will be detected like your speakers and mics. Everything goes through the
    USB port on the mixer. It acts like an analog to digital USB hub.

You need to disable audio drivers of devices not attached to the mixer to avoid any feedback and potential driver bugs. Many computer motherboards have onboard audio chipsets like VIA or Realtek. You may be using Nvidia
    or ATI Radeon graphics cards too. They will install their own HD audio and virtual drivers.

You do not need to use those and should disable them. You want to avoid having anything influencing your audio pipeline.

I started receiving "pops" whenever I left clicked with my mouse on various user interface elements in applications that I was running. It was extremely annoying. You may not have had these before but they start showing up after adding more gear to your
    USB mixer and USB ports. After hours of troubleshooting, I disabled all the devices mentioned above. You would think that would work, but it didn't.

To eliminate the problems entirely, uninstall all unused audio drivers.

Go to Device Manager

Click on Audio inputs and outputs

Right click the audio components you do not need

Disable first, then uninstall

Click on Sound, video and game controllers

Right click the audio components you do not need

Disable first, then uninstall

Reboot your computer.

Right click on the speaker icon in the tray

Look at the Playback list and Recording list

You should see devices attached to the USB Audio CODEC listed

Do the same with Device Manager and check that the system did not reinstall the drivers you eliminated

Kerry Kobashi, Apr 30, 2022
Thema:

0x8889000f USB Audio Codec Shows Up But Can't Be Used Audio Device Not Found

1. 0x8889000f USB Audio Codec Shows Up But Can't Be Used Audio Device Not Found - Similar Threads - 0x8889000f USB Audio

2. 0x8889000f USB Audio Codec Shows Up But Can't Be Used Audio Device Not Found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x8889000f USB Audio Codec Shows Up But Can't Be Used Audio Device Not Found: This is not a question but every thread on this subject neglected to address this issue and the threads are locked. Hoping this helps someone else. Kept getting error 0x8889000f when switching to USB Audio Codec Behringer USB Audio Interface. Would work when system reboots...
  3. 0x8889000f USB Audio Codec Shows Up But Can't Be Used Audio Device Not Found

in Windows 10 Customization
    0x8889000f USB Audio Codec Shows Up But Can't Be Used Audio Device Not Found: This is not a question but every thread on this subject neglected to address this issue and the threads are locked. Hoping this helps someone else. Kept getting error 0x8889000f when switching to USB Audio Codec Behringer USB Audio Interface. Would work when system reboots...
  4. USB Audio Codecs not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Audio Codecs not working: I can't record my LP's or cassette tapes using USB input. I use Magix Audio Cleaning Lab and Audacity to record to my computer. I've just about everything that has publish to fix the problem but nothing has worked. I've had this problem since the April 2021 windows 10 update....
  5. USB Audio Codecs not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Audio Codecs not working: I can't record my LP's or cassette tapes using USB input. I use Magix Audio Cleaning Lab and Audacity to record to my computer. I've just about everything that has publish to fix the problem but nothing has worked. I've had this problem since the April 2021 windows 10 update....
  6. BT Audio devices do not show up as audio devices. Can't use them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BT Audio devices do not show up as audio devices. Can't use them: I have 3 different BT headsets/budsThey will connect via BT, but will never show up in my choices for audio. I have updated all device drivers says they have the latest driversI have run an SFC scanI have run Scan now.I have disabled BT and re enabled.I have run the...
  7. BT Audio devices do not show up as audio devices. Can't use them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BT Audio devices do not show up as audio devices. Can't use them: I have 3 different BT headsets/budsThey will connect via BT, but will never show up in my choices for audio. I have updated all device drivers says they have the latest driversI have run an SFC scanI have run Scan now.I have disabled BT and re enabled.I have run the...
  8. We can’t find an audio device: 0x8889000f

We can’t find an audio device: 0x8889000f: This recently started happening - often - on my Lenovo laptopThe problem occurs trying to play videos or audio files. Device is Realtek High Definition AudioSST w/ driver from realtek 5-11-2018 ver: 6.0.1.8445Any thoughts?ThanksDevice name Yoga920 Processor IntelR CoreTM...
  9. Logitech usb device not found shows as lync audio device

Logitech usb device not found shows as lync audio device: Hi, I use a Logitech USB headset it was all fine a day ago, but now system does not recognise the same and it shows up as " lync audio device". Please let me know how can i go remove this Lync audio device, i tried unstalling it, but no avail....
  10. USB Audio Codec

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB Audio Codec: I use a usb sound card called Signalink. (www.tigertronics.com) It's used with Amateur Radio communications. The last updates have really done it. I can not copy the audio coming from the Transceiver to the win 10 pc. All of my PC. What did Microsoft do to mess with USB Audio...